Friday, October 9, 2009

Some Quotes from VOGUE magazine

The women of 'Nine' grace the cover of Vogue in the November issue. The movie-musical, directed by Rob Marshall, stars some of Hollywood's hottest leading ladies including Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Kate Hudson and Marion Cotillard along with Fergie, Sophia Loren and Judi Dench.

The director and its stars talk about the film, the expectations that come along with it and what it's like doing a musical.

Rob Marshall on the expectations: "This movie is not a remake of '8 ½!' I could never remake that movie in half a million years. I could never touch Fellini and the brilliant, genius masterpiece of all time."

Nicole Kidman on playing a movie icon: "I'm not playing Claudia Cardinale. Even when I played Virginia Woolf I didn't take the real woman into account."

Kidman on being a working mother: "I had no desire to work after I had my daughter, but to lure me back, this movie was the only way."
Kate Hudson on being in a musical: "I spent most of my childhood singing and dancing and just never had the chance to do it professionally. So when I got the chance to work with Rob, I was so excited, I was out of my mind"

Penelope Cruz on her roles: "Luckily I don't have to identify with my roles, because if I did I would be dead by now! I've been working since the age of seventeen, and I really haven't stopped. I want to balance it a little more. Instead of making three or four movies a year, I will do one."

Marion Cotillard on singing for the movie: "It's been my dream to do an American musical. When I was a child, 'Annie' was my favorite. I just never thought I would get to do it."

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment