Thursday, November 26, 2009

Fergie Receives Love Letter From Co-Star Daniel Day Lewis

Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie has got a love letter from her "Nine" co-star, Daniel Day Lewis. During a press conference on November 15 at The Waldorf Astoria in New York, she revealed that she received the letter from Lewis in the guise of his "Nine" character Guido Contini who has a romance with her.

"Daniel is very charming. I'd go into my dressing room, and I'd find this little note," the only female member of Black Eyed Peas recalled. "I'd open it, and it would be Guido's stationary. He would write me little notes as Guido." She continued on describing, " They were very cute and very charming."

On the occasion, she also revealed that playing opposite A-list actresses like Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Kate Hudson, Judi Dench and Marion Cotillard, makes her nervous. She confessed, "Going into this musical, I'm definitely the singer coming into this A-list acting world."
"It was intimidating for me flying over and knowing that I was going to be amongst these people who were at the top of their game in their field," she elaborated more. "I thought maybe I'll just sit in the corner and kind of be a sponge and not speak and watch how they hone their craft."

But, she wasn't intimidated for long. "The first person I met was Daniel. It was 15 minutes later where I had to belt out the song right in front of him," she shared. "I've admired his work for years, and I just had to push through it and say, 'What the hell.' I was very hungry for this role, and I went after it. I definitely have caught the bug because it's another way to express yourself, and I'm an artist."

Fergie's "Nine" will be released worldwide on December 25. In it, she portrays the whore from the leading character Guido Contini from his youth. The movie itself follows the life of Guido as the famous film director reaches a creative and personal crisis of epic proportion and at the same time, balancing the numerous women in his life.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment