Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sophia Loren proud of new movie role Nine and being Italian

Sophia Loren has revealed that she is proud to be the only Italian actress starring in Nine, the smash-hit musical film that stars Daniel Day-Lewisand a bevy of Hollywood’s leading ladies.
The movie, which is based on Italian director Federico Fellini’s famous film , is directed by Rob Marshall and has already been nominated for a Golden Globe for best musical or comedy.
The all-star cast includes Marion Cotillard, Penélope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Dame Judi Dench, Kate Hudson and Fergie.

Loren, 75, who stars as Mamma in the film, said: 'When Rob Marshall called me up and said, 'We are going to do this film about the story of Fellini and I would like you to be in it', I was very proud of it because I was the only Italian in the film to be able to say Italian movies are still wonderful all over the world.'
She added: 'So, I accepted in a very nice way and Rob told me – he was lying, of course – that he was not going to do the film if I wasn't in it. So, I said, 'For the sake of his career, it's OK, I'm going to be in it.’'

When asked if she thought Italians had changed since the original 1963 movie, she shot back: 'Why should Italians not be the same as 40 years ago? Italians will be the same always, all the time. Italians are a people that have a lot of heart, a lot to say in every field and we will always be very successful – and proud of being Italian.'

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment