Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sophia Loren is a Hot 'Mama' in NINE

Sophia Loren plays Daniel Day-Lewis' mother in 'Nine,' a big-screen musical based on the life of famed Italian director Frederico Fellini, with whom Sophia worked.

"I would like to see the film with my children and with my grandchildren," Sophia tells. "I would like to make it a family thing because I think that … I hope that it is something that I am going to be very proud of."
The story, which was adapted from the Broadway play and is loosely based on Fellini's film, '8-1/2,' is the story of Guido Contini, a film director who is struggling with creative and personal issues while balancing the women in his life.
The women in Guido's life include his wife (Marion Cotillard), his mistress (Penelope Cruz), his film-star muse (Nicole Kidman), his confidant and costume designer (Judi Dench), an American fashion journalist (Kate Hudson), the prostitute from his youth (Fergie) and his mother (Sophia Loren).

"Fellini is unique," Sophia says. "Fellini is something that is never going to be repeated. So I think that everybody is going to be very much interested in his life, in his way of life, in his way of working, in his way of dealing with people, in his way of dealing with life. I think [the film] is going to be very successful, absolutely."
Sophia, who is considered by many to be a legend, admits that she was a bit nervous about working with Daniel.
"I think we made each other nervous," she says, "but for me, he was very intimidating. Yes, he was."
Daniel may have made Sophia a bit nervous, but she says that she completely bonded with her female co-stars.
"Nicole would come with her little girl. And with Penelope, I have a very special friendship, which is something that I cannot explain, but it's there. Judy Dench is one of the most beautiful actresses I have ever met in theatre,"

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment